I used to drink two medium sized Styrofoam cups of coffee per day. I have been weaning little by little off of coffee since the beginning of August. I just have a couple more days to go. And boy, am I feeling the withdrawal!
Below are my reasons for wanting to quit:
- It increases my appetite.
- It is acidic and is thought to worsen or cause arthritis (which I have).
- Because I have arthritis and am deconditioned, I’d rather be hydrating my innards instead of dehydrating them.
- It causes frequent urination.
- It sometimes actually made me tired.
- I have severe RLS and it can only worsen it.
The below two stories about coffee drinking helped me feel even better about my decision:
- How I Quit Drinking Coffee and the Benefits I’ve Experienced
- Coffee Drinkers Beware: Facts About Caffeine You Did Not Know
I will update this two weeks or a month into my detoxing period to talk about any changes in my feelings or physical condition. I want to be able to work out and do Yoga like I used to, so I will give up anything for that. 🙂
Good luck to all of you that decide to quit coffee.